Vision, Mission, and Values
Protecting Health, Saving Lives—Millions at a Time
The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is dedicated to the improvement of health through discovery, dissemination, and translation of knowledge and the education of a diverse global community of research scientists and public health professionals.
- Excellence, integrity, equity, diversity, and civility in all of our activities and initiatives
- Scholarship, critical thinking, innovation, and scientific rigor
- Discovery, dissemination, and translation of knowledge into sustainable, evidence-based public health programs and policies
- Collaboration and capacity building with communities and public health practitioners locally, nationally, and globally
- Education of current and future public health leaders who will embrace these values in their research and practice, adhering to the tenets of the International Declaration of Health Rights