First & Foremost
D.A. Henderson, Dean Emeritus, 1928-2016
It is with great sadness that I write to let you know that Donald Ainslie Henderson, the eighth dean of our School, passed away last evening at Gilchrist Hospice Care. D. A. was a giant in public health who, prior to becoming dean, led the World Health Organization’s successful 10-year effort to eradicate smallpox, one of the greatest public health achievements in history. Continue Reading
More from the Dean
As a proud alumnus of the Bloomberg School,
I am honored to serve as Dean of the #1 school of public health.
In partnership with a great leadership team, I have dedicated over 10 years to making it an outstanding place to carry out groundbreaking research as well as teach, study and practice public health. Our current priorities for the School are to:
- increase student scholarship support,
- expand affordable online learning opportunities,
- secure more funding for faculty to conduct research,
- enhance engagement with the Baltimore community, and
- strengthen public health academic and practice infrastructure worldwide.
Every decision made here and abroad connects to the School’s central mission: Protecting Health, Saving Lives—Millions at a Time.
Michael J. Klag, MD, MPH '87
Learn about the Dean's lifelong work